After the long months of cold and
winter, we will soon be coming up to
summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to
memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the
only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is
an element of danger involved.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into
1) The woman buys the food.
2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the
necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging
beside the grill - beer in hand.
Here comes the important part:
4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He
thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the
7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins,
sauces and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking
11) The man asks the woman how she
enjoyed "Her night
And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing